Farsa is only 10 km away from Argostoli and it is the first village one meets on their way north to Fiscardo.It has been built on the western side of mountain “Chalios”, in about 200 metres altitude.It is characterized as the most picturesque villages of Cephalonia. It combines both mountain and sea.
It is a place of high cultural interest as it where two civilizations meet:
The abandoned after the earthquake of 1953 village , and the newly built one next to the sea ,gazing at the same time the Ionian Sea, Argostoli and Lixouri.
From the so called veranda of Cephalonia,you can gaze big blue, sea turtles, dolphins and seagulls.
There are two beaches in Farsa: “Limioni”, ideal for swimming, scuba diving and diving and “Lygia”,with sandy and pebbled beach.
There is a traditional Taverna ,a restarant , a café’ and a supermarket in the village of Farsa.
Being in the centre of the island, the beautiful village of Farsa is to be the ideal starting point for sightseeing and for alternative tourism:
- Hiking along the paths of Sami and mount “Ainos“, the high mountain.
- Guided tour in the Venetian castles of “ Assos” and “Agios Georgios”
- Visit the cavelake of “Melissani” and the cave of “drogarati”
- Visit places of religious interest such as the Monasteries of Saint Gerasimos, Kipouria,Saint Andreas, Sission, Thematon and so many others.
- Visit places of historical interest such as “ Kyclopia Walls”,ancient graves in Mazarakata and Tzanata.
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Myrtos beach, Xi beach, Fiscardo, Andisamos beach, skala beach, Agia Kyriaki beach , petani and so many others heavenly beaches.
- Greek cuisine lessons
- Sea kayaking
- Horse riding